
A friend has told me about lace dyeing with alcohol inks. I had the inks but not the lace so I bought some online. I have a PC trade coming up with butterflies so I thought I would take some virgin white butterflies and transform them and what you see to the left is the result, along with a daisy. They are a bit darker than I thought they would be but I guess when adding a black to them that might happen. I will definitely play with this again and see what else I can come up with. I have enough lace to do it with!
Love the colors of these. Depending on the background colors you use, they should really pop. :o)
ReplyDeleteI Love these butterflies! What a great idea..... I bought some of those alcohol inks recently and forgot what i was going to use them for....OH DEAR!!!! dyeing lace with them is quite an idea.... do you dilute them first??
ReplyDeleteThanks
xoxo
((((hugs))))
Maggie
You soak the lace in plain alcohol first and then apply the alcohol ink in small doses. I'm not too patient so I have to add more plain alcohol and dab the color with scrap cloth! Glad you dropped by!
ReplyDeleteBarb