Sunday, February 12, 2012

RIP Sophie - and introducing the new kitties

It's only been 6 weeks this time...a few things to report...first, our Sophie cat died in mid-January. She was about 14 years old and had developed the hyperthyroidism that sometimes hits older cats. She quit eating on a Thursday and Sunday night she came in with us during the night - something she hadn't done in a while. The next day she wanted out so Dave let her into the sunroom and she apparently went out the kitty door - very weak...barely walking and disappeared. We think that he visiting us during the night was her way of saying goodbye. This picture of her was obviously taken in her prime!


We have been talking about getting new kitties but knew that we couldn't as long as we had Sophie - She was an 'only cat' cat ---. So when we realized that she was gone I put the word out at school that we were in the market for a couple of long-haired kittens - and we were put in contact with someone who had these cuties! We brought them home that night and have had loads of laughs ever since! We've forgotten how much fun kittens are! They came with the names of Sassy (in back) and Foxy - and since we haven't come up with anything better that's who they are. Sassy is an 'in your face' kitten - and into everything! Foxy is a bit more timid and a bit of a fraidy cat, but extremely lovey.


On the sewing front, someone posted this picture to one of my Yahoo groups and I thought it would make a great hanging - 

so here it is!


It is somewhat three dimensional as I used homespun to make the tied scarves/tie and one of the hats and then used fleece for the earmuffs. The eyes are some tiny brads, the mouths and eyebrows are some beading twine and I made the carrot noses out of Fimo. I think I need to add some applique snowflakes to the sky...there are about 5 snowflake buttons in the sky right now but they just don't quite make the impact I want. What do you think?

That's it for now! Looking forward to some comments about the hanging!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment