Sunday, February 24, 2008

Something beginning with A and Scraps and Stitches

ArtsNTheMail is in the middle of doing a Something Beginning with 'insert letter here'. When I came on board and got acclimated they were on "P". However there are enough new members that want to have the complete alphabet that there is a group of us starting over...so here is my "A"...for Apple (I'm from Washington State...what did you expect) and also for Applique. I took a class in machine applique quite a number of years ago and haven't done anything since then until this...I think this is one of the better leaves...the whole set is identical so only showing one.

Scraps and Stitches - this is another ANTM trade. These are truly scraps...from a trade on another list! I participated in a string quilt block for brights and black with Stashbuilders...and these were my rejects as they were not perfectly 6.5 inches square. They worked well for 4x6 inch postcards. I think took advantage of my Bernina's fancy stitches and had fun...unfortunately it was too much fun for the Bernina as now it is having problems. Even though the feed dog appear to be working correctly, the silly machine decides that it wants to not feed the fabric. I was able to get it to work for a while so I could finish the zigzag stitching around the edge, but once I started on the next set of cards (Purple Haze...stay tuned for them) it went galley west again! So off to the Bernina Hospital tomorrow. The machine is about 20 years old but hasn't been used consistently for all of those years...it has just been the last year or so that it has had daily use. 

Anyway, here are the 4 cards (three for trade and one for my collection) and a closeup of one of the cards...



I'll keep you posted on the status of the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment