
I know I have mentioned on a couple of my Yahoo groups my involvement with the Washington Library Media Association and its annual fall conference. A friend and colleague of mine (Jean, on the right above) and I have been local arrangements co-chairs for the last 4 conferences held here in town (every other year...on the odd years). This last weekend was the 4th one and during the business lunch, after all of the other awards were presented, we were surprised, shocked, etc., when we were presented with the President's Award! This is an award presented obviously by the President, to honor someone 'of special merit'. WOW! We were blown away!
Now that conference is over for another year (Jean and I have been asked to do local arrangements again next year...even though it is 150 miles away!) I can now get back to some sewing! On top of that, DH is leaving later this week for 2 weeks of hunting so I can really play in my sewing room in the evenings!
Until later!
Barb
What on honor!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!.....and welcome back to the bloggosphere! I have followed your blog for awhile...and while you were gone, I became a blogger!
ReplyDeletehttp://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com
Congratulations! That quite an honour!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person! Glad you are back on line. We missed you!
ReplyDelete