I have been blatantly absent from here and I'm not sure what has happened to my time except for traveling, sewing, reading, eating, sleeping...you know, all of the requirements of summer! Well, summer is now over and we have just finished up day 9 of the new school year. Things will continue to be busy for me for the next month or so as the final touches are put on the 2009 Washington Library Media Association conference of which I am local arrangements co-chair. So much of what we need to do is at the very end so it is pedal to the metal time!
I do need to get some sewing projects done in the next couple of weeks, plus get DH ready for hunting right after conference is over. Actually he does a pretty good job of that himself. We brought the trailer back from Anderson Island yesterday and it wasn't the most relaxing trip...the AC on the truck has died (compressor) so it was warm and we had to run with the windows partially down (how did we ever manage before AC??? Boy are we spoiled!) On top of that Dave thought that shaft that hold the serpentine belt was dying and we were afraid that we were going to be dead on the road someplace. Then, as we were climbing the pass, the temperature gauge started going up so we stopped and put nearly a gallon of water in the coolant tank. We finally made it home in one piece and today when Dave took the truck into the local shop we found out that the radiator was shot...so guess whose getting a new one! Oh, and then in the mail today he got a jury summons, right for when he is going hunting! Hopefully he can postpone that and serve later in November.
So, I need to get myself down to the sewing room sometime this week and hopefully more this next weekend. I do have pictures to put up of the purses I made for my sisters and cousins for our trip to Steamboat Springs in August.
Check back soon! I might surprise you and have something to show!
Glad you're still around. I missed you. Looking forward to seeing some sewing in the future!
ReplyDelete