No, I've not been out riding but just finally back in my studio again. It has been a busy week compounded with a cold. Since my studio is in the basement it is a bit cooler down there even with a heater...today was the first of a 4 day weekend and I hope to spend more time down there before returning to work on Tuesday.Anyway, the top pix is one of a set of three (2 for trade) of a Kitchen Shrine for Fiber Art Traders. I knew from the beginning that I would use wine for the theme but had to mull it over for a while. Finally remembered a wine label we had seen a few years back that had the imprint of a wine bottle bottom on it...so, that is where I started. I used real wine (well, actually port) for the wine color and the bottle and glass are an attempt at trapunto. The corner medallions are slices of cork from one of the last bottles of wine we opened!
And finally this basket is for a Fabric Basket Challenge at SewGoodFriends. I didn't realize how small it was when I first started making it but it really is a handy size. I took this picture with it sitting on my laptop, so that gives you some idea of it's size.
Thanks for dropping in! Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment