Once I had fabric picked out for each of the 12 blocks I cut them to appropriate dimensions and made 12 little baggy kits. This made it very easy to sew and put them together. I still have the outer border to do with 2 1/2 inch squares. There is white sashing also go between the 12 blocks.
As I finished each block I put it up on my design wall and when I got all 12 of them done I took a picture to help me decide the layout of the blocks themselves. What I discovered, however, was that about seven of the blocks did not really show the nine patch in the center. There was not enough color differentiation in the fabrics I chose for those. You can see the problem in this first photograph.

So I took each one of those seven blocks apart and remade the centers. It was a lot of work but I am more pleased with the results now. I will leave the blocks up on the design wall and rearrange as I want to try something else. The layout isn't bad but there might be something better.

On another note I had carpel tunnel surgery done on my left hand on July 8. As surgeries go it was a piece of cake. Fingers were swollen for the first 24 hours until the numbness went away and by the time I got my stitches out the end of the second week the bandaging with getting to be a real pain. I wasn't as incapacitated as I had anticipated, either. I still need to have it done on my right hand but I also need to have the arthritic thumb surgery done too. That will wait until Christmas break as it is a much longer recovery.
Hope you are having a good summer. Mine is almost over as I start my 35th year of teaching in less than a month. However it will be my last year!
Barb
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment