Saturday, May 3, 2014

31/34 years almost done

We are just about a month until out of school, which will complete 31 years here and 34 years all together in the teaching profession - with 1 more year to go! I decided to put a countdown calendar on the side to mark the time. Unfortunately it counts ALL of the calendar days, and not just the school days. I'l have to see if I can find one just for that, but it is probably difficult to do with days off for Christmas, TG, Spring Break, etc... At this point it looks like a long way to go...

I've been playing with my Tiara and getting better at free-motion quilting...also playing a bit with templates but the circle templates I bought are difficult to use as they are too small to hold on to. I need to get the ones that are solid circles and thus have more surface to hang on to.

A couple of weeks ago I was at The Sewing Basket in Prosser and discovered some new Red Rooster fabrics that weren't even out of the plastic yet! It's the "It's Elementary" panel of seasonal scenes and accompanying fabric. Needless to say I bought a set of panels and some of the additional fabric. I have since purchased a FQ bundle. There is a pattern that came with it but it puts 2 of the seasons together in a single hanging which I don't want to do. I'm going to use that as a guide but am making 4 separate smaller hangings.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment