I just discovered that this is my 100th post and it has taken almost 2 years to get this far...
It is also 2 weeks to Christmas! Yikes! Lots to do between now and then. Five more days of school and then a week of flurry. For us, Christmas this year is actually going to be after Christmas, which is something that seems to happen when there are multiple parts to families. My 2 sisters and their husbands plus a nephew, his wife and their 2 children (ages 3 3/4 and about 8 weeks) will be joining us here. I still have things to sew, too!
One of the items I got made and sent off for a stocking trade is this cowboy boot inspired stocking. My partner indicated that she liked country western music so when I saw this pattern at Embroidery Library I knew I had to do it. I did change the embroidered design and blinged it up with some crystals... I used some 'fake' suede or moleskin type of fabric.
Today we have had quite a batch of snow...about 6 inches and still coming down! It is a really wet snow which is to be followed by freezing rain tonight and then warmer temperatures and rain tomorrow. Today the quail that live on our back acre were foraging in the driveway for food. We put out cracked corn, but the snow had pretty much covered it up by this afternoon. There were about 30 of them running around! I just love those little critters!



I love the quail too, my friend in Arizona has them in her yard as well. Great boot.
ReplyDeletehugs
Nan